Thursday 30 August 2007

Cam's Gigs of the Week - August 30th

More gigs.


Friday 31st:
Do The Robot, An Horse @ Ric's Bar - Shoegaze-pop and solo-on (in duo mode).
Texas Tea (Single Launch), Granite Lakes, The Smoking Muskets, Secret Squirrel Band @ The Troubadour - Premier alt.country band releases more music at Troubadour.
Shiver Like Timber, Ambitious Lovers (solo), Let's Not (But Say We Did), Genevieve Graves, Deerfolk @ Oriel Gallery, Ascot - Art exhibition opening night. Co-GotW.

Saturday 1st:
I Heart Hiroshima (Album Launch), Turnpike, Scul Hazzards, Frou Frou Foxes @ The Zoo - Local heroes release album. Co-GotW.
New Jack Rubies, Side Effects @ Ric's Bar - Much recommended band plays show, blog-writer still unable to see them.

Sunday 2nd:
Formations, Yeow Meow @ Ric's Bar (3pm) - A nice afternoon with pseudo-experimental popsters.
Live Spark: Peter Loveday @ The Powerhouse - Still seminal.


If you're wondering why BH has been quiet lately... it's because we (or at least I, Cam) haven't been going to a huge amount of gigs (or at least gigs that I feel like writing about... maybe 50% of attended gigs are written about here). There are still a few gigs from a few weeks back that I had intended to write about (Peter Loveday, Narcotics EP Launch), so they may or may not appear on this hallowed page in the near future. I'm going on holidays in 3 days though, so things are probably leaning towards 'may not'. I believe Gav will have to pick up my slack for the immediate future.

This also means that you'll have to do without these informative weekly posts next week. However, I do have the following quick recommendations:

Wednesday 5th:
The Night Crash, Go Go Go Go! @ Fat Louies

Saturday 8th:
Del Toro, Turnpike @ Ric's Bar

There are likely HEAPS of others but those are some that have caught my eye.

2 comments:

Luke said...

and my excuse is being poor and almost homeless, not to mention criminally lazy.

Anonymous said...

Fuck yeah!!!