Wednesday 1 August 2007

Cam's Gigs of the Week - August 1st

Some may have noticed that I didn't post any Gig's of the Week last week. The reason? I was sick, I didn't feel like it, and there were only a few gigs on that piqued my interest anyway. This week, however, I'm well and willing to dispense some pearls of gig-going wisdom. For those of you going to Splendour In The Grass... well, I can't honestly say that I envy you (other than for the fact that you can see The Dirty Three, aka: one of the best bands of the last 15 years).

Wednesday 1st:
An Horse (aka Kate from Iron On) Yeow Meow (aka Ben from The Rational Academy) @ Ric's Bar - Strangely named solo acts from Brisbane indie-rock stalwarts.

Thursday 2nd:
Tilly & The Wall, I Heart Hiroshima, Yves Klein Blue @ The Powerhouse - It's a FasterLouder shindig, and I have a feeling you may need an invite to be allowed (have a look at the website for details).

Friday 3rd:
Del Toro, Turnpike, Mass Migration @ Fat Louie's - Del Toro and Turnpike launch their split EP 'Hinge & Pluck / Sell, this Century'. Post-rockers Mass Migration open procedings. Recommendation of the week.
Brand Spank'd: Twist Oliver Twist, Re:enactment, Audio Arrest, DJs and more @ Empire Hotel - A whole bunch of bands and DJs playing two rooms at the Empire.

Saturday 4th:
The Quickening, Knaw, Dick Nasty, The Sips @ Club Phoenix - Fast, loud and rock.
Shooting At Unarmed Men, Vegas Kings, Scul Hazzards @ The Troubadour - Ex-McLusky member's band plays with two of Brisbane's premier rock acts.
SixFtHick @ Ric's - Just another SixFtHick gig at Ric's.

Sunday 5th:
LiveSpark: Fi Claus, Tim Steward @ The Powerhouse - A free gig featuring ex-Gorgeous-now-solo Fi Claus with Screamfeeder's Tim Steward.


There's also Greazefest running at the South Leagues Club (in West End) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, if you're into your dirty rock'n'roll.

2 comments:

Luke said...

I do wish I could go to the Del Toro/Turnpike gig on Friday; Fat Louies is probably my favourite venue in Brisbane (mainly cos I know the staff and can score cheap drinks).

Anonymous said...

Fuck yeah!!!